|» DUCATI DESMO CLUBS|
|» Welcome to the UK Monster Owners Club|
In 1992 Ducati unveiled a motorcycle that shocked the world. All that was superfluous was discarded.
Monster designer Miguel Galluzzi said of the philosophy behind his creation: ?All you need is a saddle, tank, engine, two wheels, and handlebars.?
One of the most copied motorcycles of all time, the Monster immediately spawned legions of imitators ? but imitation is, after all, is the highest form of flattery.
For Ducati, the bike marked a return to the essential all-around motorcycles like the Marianna, Elite and Scrambler.
But even this comparison does not quite do the Monster justice since the Monster is naked by choice rather than by custom.
A bit of history: The Cologne Motor Show, autumn 1992 ? a mysterious Ducati prototype stands out among the new innovations on show. On display is the Monster 900, a model destined to take its rightful place in the history of international motorcycling.
Monstrously beautiful, it is a cocktail of exquisite Ducati components, including the trellis frame from the 851/888 series and the 904 cc air/oil cooled Pompone engine from the Supersport range.
With its boundless personality and audacious nudity, it is a motorcycle that has revolutionized the ?naked? bike category, lending renown and prestige to a breed of motorcycle previously unknown in the Western tradition.
Since its launch, the Monster has had a history of great successes: it has become a family and has seen numerous special versions.
It continues to evolve without losing anything of its radically ?monstrous? identity.
Above all, it has infected thousands of motorcyclists across the world with the Monster bug, transforming them into ?monsteristi?. Up to now, there have been over 130,000 Monsters released from the production lines of Borgo Panigale.
The Monster is one hundred percent pure emotion.
It is an embodiment of the spirit of motorcycling which has become a way of life.
The UK Monster Club was formed by Terry Herbert and Grant Carr in the spring of 2001 as a web based club.
The principal of the club was to create a group of like minded individuals who enjoy riding their Monsters and a forum to distribute information to owners of Monsters within the UK.
The club was established as a free service with only small revenue generated by the sale of UKMOC merchandise & Banner advertising to pay for web space and other minor expenses. To this day the club remains free to join !
The club is officially recognised and supported by Ducati in both the UK and Italy.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
|Oct 09, 2019 - 11:24 AM - by slob|
|World Ducati Week 2020 has been announced:|
17th - 19th July 2020
Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli
|1 Reply |549 Views|
| Celebrations for Monster?s 25th anniversary at WDW2018|
|May 24, 2018 - 12:49 PM - by slob|
|Celebrations for Monster's 25th anniversary at WDW2018 |
Borgo Panigale, Bologna, 24 May 2018 - The final touches are being made to the WDW2018 programme, which on 20-22 July will see thousands of motorcyclists arriving from all over the... [Read More]
- An actual "Monster Village" In the WDW2018 paddock to retrace the history of the Ducati naked bike
- For the occasion the "Ducati Garage Contest" will be reserved for Monster customisers
- Again this year DOCs from all over the world and the International Village
|0 Replies |4,402 Views|
| Not a Monster... but a monster journey|
|Jul 06, 2016 - 10:51 AM - by slob|
|The "Globetrotter 90" sets off from Ducati headquarter on its world tour in celebration of Ducati's 90th birthday|
- The day after the record-breaking WDW 2016 ended, Ducati celebrates the date of its 90th birthday with the departure of the "Globetrotter 90" world tour
- An Indian will be the first of seven international riders who will take turns aboard the Multistrada 1200 Enduro to tackle the journey's 30,000 kilometres
- The first globetrotter had a grand send-off, with 160 representatives on their bikes from Desmo Owner Clubs of 40 different... [Read More]
|1 Reply |9,877 Views|
| Ducati Video Game|
|May 06, 2016 - 12:12 PM - by slob|
|Ducati and Milestone present the new videogame "Ducati - 90th Anniversary The Official Videogame"|
- An exciting videogame dedicated to Ducati and its 90th Anniversary
- 39 bike models, the new Misano World Circuit "Marco Simoncelli" track and, for the first time in a videogame, the Ducati Museum
- Available from June for PlayStation?4, Xbox One?, the all-in-one games and entertainment system and Windows PC/STEAMT
Ducati has entrusted Milestone, Italy's largest production company of videogames dedicated to... [Read More]
|0 Replies |9,448 Views|
|» DUCATI DESMO CLUBS|